The Laney Lionheart amp series is probably the companies most poplar and famous. With its distinctive retro design and warm tone it’s easy to see why. There are several Laney Lionheart amps available at the moment, including the L20T-112, L20T-410 and LT212. This article will provide the main features of these amps to help you make a final decision.
Laney L20T-112 Amp
The L20T-112 amp by Laney is a combo and comes with the same preamp as the other models in the Lionheart series. It is built with a 20W class A output section that hasn’t been previously used in a Lionheart combo of this type. The result is the option of increased headroom while still retaining the vintage sound which made the series popular in the first place. According to Laney, the L20T-112 can sound either modern or vintage depending on which preamp controls you use.
- 20W of power
- Clean and drive channels
- Passive bass, treble and middle equalization options
- Bright switch, reverb an included footswitch.
Laney L20T-410 Lionheart Amp Review
The Lionheart L20T-410 amp by Laney is again designed to live up to everything the company has learned in the past 40 years of “tube heritage by Laney”. It is made to deliver the attractive warm tone of a tube amp that’s being pushed to its limits, along with an attractive retro design.
- The Lionheart L20T-410 is also a 20W amp with two hi and lo inputs.
- It has both clean and drive channels, along with passive bass middle and treble equalization.
- Other features include a bright switch, reverb and footswitch included with the package.
Laney L5T-112 Lionheart Amp Review
Another amp in the Lionheart series is the L5T-112. This is a small practice amp – perfect for playing at home – with the same warm tone and retro design.
- The L5T-112 Lionheart amp is a small 5W practice amp with two hi and lo jack inputs.
- It has both clean and drive channels, and the same equalization as the other models in the series.
- Like the rest of the Laney Lionheart series of electric amps, the L5T-112 has a reverb setting and a bright switch.